- Students are required to take all assessments required by the state and the district.
- Students should maintain an appropriate academic pace in all courses. Students who fall 2 or more weeks behind the expected pace may be placed on academic probation.
- Students who fall 4 or more weeks behind will be withdrawn from Polk Virtual School and be placed into zoned school.
- Polk Virtual School courses follow semester deadlines established by the PCPS Calendar. Extensions outside of these dates will not be granted.
- Academic integrity is the cornerstone of online learning. Students are expected to do their own work and should not cut, copy, or plagiarize Internet content.
- Parents and students will establish and maintain regular communication with all teachers.
Students must have access to the following in order to participate in Polk Virtual School:
- Computer (this excludes phones and Chromebooks)
- Internet access
- A webcam or built-in camera
- Full keyboard
- Microsoft Office
- An external flash drive may be needed
- Headphones may be needed when meeting with teachers online
- Microphone (this can be a built-in computer feature or and external mic)
Polk Virtual Students are permitted to participate in extracurricular activities at their zoned school if given prior approval by the zoned school principal.